Sunday, October 10, 2010

Clearance

If any of you are looking for a great deal on a three year old, I've got one who's behavior for the last few weeks, and especially today's, moves her to the clearance rack. Three year old for sale: cheap!

Yes, I got a call from a member of the Primary Presidency telling me just how terrible Charly's behavior was today and could I please do something so it doesn't happen again? She has been like a veloceraptor, testing the fence for weaknesses for a couple of weeks now, and I am not amused, and weary, and not sure what to do, and am fighting my first instinct to string her up by her toes.

Had I received this call on a different day, I may have been able to deal with it with more humor.

But I can't, because it was today. And today was crappy.

1 comment:

  1. I've had some of those same thoughts. I had a primary counselor come and find me at church a couple weeks ago literally out-of-breath. After asking why, she told me she had just ran two laps around the church trying to catch my child. Oh man. I informed her to find me sooner next time because my child would not have the nerve to run away from me at church. Even if she doesn't listen to other adults, which she should, at least she listens to me. Thank goodness. Good luck. I feel your pain and I have found that a good nap sometimes can cure the want to injure a child. :)

    ReplyDelete