Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Wrath of Natalie Fisher

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stirreth up anger.
--Proverbs 15:1.

What exactly is wrath anyway?
Webster says it's "strong vengeful anger."

That makes sense.

Man, I was wrathful yesterday. I don't know what my problem was. Hormones? Still no excuse. There were couple of times I could tell Charly was staring at me trying to decide if I was friend or foe. It broke my heart.

Then I was thinking about the above scripture. I've always thought about it in the context of, if you use a soft answer, you will turn away another's anger. Aka, that of your children.

But then I realized, perhaps more significantly, a soft answer will turn away your own wrath. Soooo what I needed yesterday.

Anger begets anger, in others as well as yourself. I got a D- yesterday. Hopefully I'll do better today.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like even on your bad days, you are still a sweet mommy! I take comfort in the fact that I can't remember much of my life before first grade, and even then it's because of pictures. You deserve and A+ Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I recently had the same thought about that same scripture. My wrath is the only one I can have any control over anyway. . . . I think I'm about a week behind you in wrathfulness. :)
    Another good scripture I like is Alma 7:23. There's loads of good stuff in it to aspire to. Good luck. I'm glad that day is over now!
    love you

    ReplyDelete