Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hold Me!

Charly constantly wants to be held. And although Felix can't talk yet, I can tell he wants it too. Even though Sam hated being held as a baby, she's extremely cuddly now and also wants to snuggle. Three children, two arms, one lap. Sometimes things get a little crazy when they're all asking, but most of the time, it's just one at a time. And it's usually Charly.

Sometimes it's incredibly inconvenient to hold a child...like when you're at the computer and they can't keep their patty-fingers off the keyboard. But I've decided that on my quest to become a better mother, with a better mother heart, I won't say, "No," if I can absolutely help it.

Although, yesterday I had to say no to Charly because I was holding Felix while his blood was being drawn. Sorry sweetie, can't do it. I know she was looking for comfort as she watched her brother get poked and prodded, but she was just going to have to deal with it herself, and she did.

I just keep thinking, "How long are they going to ask me to hold them?" I'm pretty sure the days are numbered...

No comments:

Post a Comment